How I Healed My Adrenal Fatigue Naturally.
I seemed to hit me like shock, but in hindsight it had been building up for some time. A combination of career pressure, marriage difficulties, financial and family dramas, and that need to succeed I had put on myself.
I just crumpled, I couldn’t hold it together anymore, my energy and drive and taken a long vacation. I couldn’t sleep even though I was extremely tired, my over active mind wouldn’t slow down. Waking in a puddle of sweat when I did doze certainly didn’t help.
Often at this time most women find weight begins to pack on, for me it’s the opposite, the weight fell off me, leaving me a very unhealthy underweight to my already slight frame. My digestion had shut down and nausea was the most common experience of the day. Yet I had painful bloat most of the time, (irritable bowel – very active).
My allergies has gone into overdrive. I had eliminated most of the known irritant foods, increased supplements that support the adrenal and when I could eat, eating a natural and nutritious variety of fresh and home grown foods.
Brain Fog was enveloping me and working out the best course of treatment – even with over 25 years experience in treating others was a little challenging.
Adrenal fatigue is when your adrenal gland’s ability to produce cortisol in the right amounts at the right time in response to stress is disrupted, it can swing from producing excess or too little at inappropriate times. The adrenals are the body’s hormonal powerhouse. Two little glands that sit on top of your kidneys, they’re the linchpin of a feedback loop coordinating nearly every hormone in your body.
Typical Signs Of Adrenal Fatigue
- Constant exhaustion
- Poor Sleep
- Moods swing, emotionally overwhelmed.
- Immune system depleted
- Hormone balance altered
- And the speed of aging is accelerated.
- Digestion is disturbed
- Poor weight control
- Poor concentration/ foggy brain
Yes, I had them all, and maybe you recognize them in yourself.
Healing Adrenal Fatigue Naturally
Here are the 7 Steps I Took to Healing Adrenal Fatigue Naturally
- Homeobotanical and Flower Essence to provide rapid relief. This is always my first step, its effective and fast, yet is just the first step in what is really a long term condition that involves a number of factors that require attention. The homeobotanicals support the adrenal and the Flower essence address the mental factors. These are made individually.
- Following a holistic Super food nutritional program that may require the elimination of specific inflammatory foods. For me this initially required a dairy and gluten free diet.
- Rest and Relaxation establishing a routine around sleep patterns is essential with techniques such as meditation and relaxations are a wonderful addition. I recently discovered EFT tapping, which is very effective and easy..check it out on Youtube. try Brad Yates – EFT tapping for …stress/anxiety/fatigue/ or which ever word you feel is the most important for you right now.
- Flood the Adrenals with supplements that they have been longing for including Good quality B complex, Fish oil, and Minerals.
- Keep Hydrated, this often get’s forgotten, yet is essential for many reasons. I suggest 2 litres of filtered water a day.
- Adaptogen Herbals: the sanity savers of the plant world, taken in combination with ionic minerals the ability to bring a calmness into life is amazing,these sure are not to be missed.
- Saliva Stress Profile Working with a gold standard lab,we can closely monitor your cortisol and DHEA levels over time.
Bonus: This is not the time for hard workouts, but gentle exercise is beneficial.
If you want to get your energy, brain, sleep and drive back set up a telephone/online consultation (initial 15 minute – getting to know you/me chat FREE). Beat Adrenal Fatigue Naturally, start today.