Who We Are
The Health Nut website is an online information portal provided by Kathy Edwards. I highly value the strong relationships we have with our clients and their privacy, and will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) 2014 at all times in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
The material on this website is made available for the purpose of providing information to the public. Every effort has been made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current.
The intent of the authors is to offer information of a general nature to help you on your quest for good health and wellbeing.
The information herein is not designed to replace the expert and individual medical advice provided by your Health Care Practitioner or Doctor. Is not intended to provide specific medical advice, or to claim to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Nor is it intended to directly or indirectly prescribe the use of any supplements and remedies without consent of your Health Care Practitioner or Doctor. Do not make any adjustments to prescribed medication without their approval.
Do not use the information provided here for diagnosing or self-treating a health problem or disease, or self-prescribing medications, nutritional supplements, diet changes or other treatment. Always speak with your healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal, homeopathic supplements, or using any self-prescribed treatment for a health condition.
Use of the online programs and all information contained in this website is at the sole choice and risk of the reader or participant.
This website is managed and operated in Australia. We do not denote that materials on the website are appropriate for use in other locations.
All material, unless otherwise indicated, is owned by and copyright to Katherine Sabathie-Edwards. Information from this website and associated files, may be referenced, provided it is fully referenced to ThehealthNutKathy and this website (https://www.thehealthnut.com.au). No information may be reproduced in part or whole without prior permission from Kathy Edwards.
If you wish to use any text or images from this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to do so. If you do not get a reply, or do not get an answer saying that we do allow you to do what you’re requesting, you may not use the text and images.
Optin Forms, Newsletter and Online Questionnaires
All opt in forms and questionnaires on thehealthnut website collect your contact information such as your name, email address, phone number or postal address. This information may be used to send you updates such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. By entering your contact information and thus subscribing to receive updates from us, you give consent to receive them via email.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will always treat your information with confidentiality and respect. For more information about our privacy practices please read the information below.
Your personal information will be stored and processed in Australia. Where data is shared with third-party data processors, your data will be recorded, transferred, stored and processed in accordance with their policies, practices and in compliance with their local regulatory laws.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
1) Information collected
We mostly use the information you provide to make this website more user-friendly and useful to visitors and to monitor site use. Types of information we collect may include:
Information provided by you. Examples include:
- Public content on our website: when you post comments, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Other public interactions with us and other users may include sharing content and asking or answering questions. If such information is shared on a third-party platform, such as a social media site, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and related agreements of that third party.
- Forms, questionnaires and downloads: if you chose to complete any of these online forms on our website, we will collect and store the data you provide us such as your name and email address and any other requested information. If you submit this information via a third-party platform, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
- User data: when you purchase or are given access to one of our products or programs, you may be required to create a User Account and provide information such as your email address and password.
- Payment data: if you purchase our product or service, we collect certain data about your purchase as necessary to process your request. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our third-party payment processing partners, including your name, credit card number, security code, expiration date, billing address, and post code.
Information collected via tracking technologies
- These tracking technologies are used to measure engagement, make our website easier to use and navigate; and to better understand how to deliver the best experience and customer service for you.
2) Data security
We take all reasonable steps to protect your security when using our website but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from websites is ever totally secure. Thehealthnut excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security. We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our IT system. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties based overseas.
We implement a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- Mandatory password protection on all computers (users are required to change their passwords at regular intervals);
- Hardware encryption on desktops, laptops and portable storage devices;
- Secure hard copy document, electronic storage media and hardware disposal procedures;
- Firewall and antivirus/malware software; and
- Systems and application access controls implemented to restrict access to information (on a need to know basis).
We also have a regular review program to test the security measures in place and identify where changes may be necessary or desirable.
3) Access to information we may hold about you
You can gain access to the information we may hold about you by written request. A request for access to the information we hold about you relating to an inquiry about privacy or to lodge any privacy breach complain should be sent to:
4) Complaints process
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing to:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
5) General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018 and is intended to protect the data of European Union citizens.
Thehealthnut markets its website, content and products online, however, we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of this website or products is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the regulation. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us.
To make any of these requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Legal and Compliance
These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. We may disclose personal information about you: (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process, (2) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (5) otherwise with your consent.
Thehealthnut does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the site. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any materials shall be at your sole risk.
You understand and agree that TheHealthNuta and our practitioners shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) and or information or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) and or information in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.
TheHealthNut takes no responsibility for consequences arising from the improper application of information on this website. While we take reasonable care in creating the information, TheHealthNut makes no guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information on the site.
You agree that by using this website, you are at least 18 years of age, or visiting under the supervision and/or consent of a parent or guardian.
Changes and updates to this policy
Code of conduct for Natural Medicine Practitioners in New South Wales, Australia
A code of conduct for unregistered health practitioners came into effect on 1 August 2008. On 1 July 2010, the Code was amended and now also applies to the previously registered professions of optical dispensers and dental technicians. As of 1 September 2012, minor changes to the Code were made included in Schedule 3 of the Public Health Regulation. The code including the Notice to Display is available in poster format (A3) in English and 10 community languages.
The intention of the code is to set out the minimum practice and ethical standards with which unregistered health service providers are required to comply. The code of conduct informs consumers what they can expect from practitioners and the mechanisms by which they may complain about the conduct of, or services provided by, an unregistered health service provider. The key aspects of the code are that the health practitioner:
- must provide health services in safe and ethical manner
- if diagnosed with an infectious medical condition, must ensure that he or she practises in a manner that does not put clients at risk
- must not make claims to cure certain serious illnesses
- must adopt standard precautions for infection control
- must not dissuade clients from seeking or continuing with treatment by a registered medical practitioner and must accept the rights of their clients to make informed choices in relation to their health care
- must not practise under the influence or alcohol or drugs
- must not practise with certain physical or mental conditions
- must not financially exploit clients
- is required to have an adequate clinical basis for treatments
- must not misinform their clients
- must not engage in a sexual or improper personal relationship with a client
- must comply with relevant privacy laws
- must keep appropriate records
- must keep appropriate insurance
- must display code and other information (with some exceptions)
- must not sell or supply an optical appliance without proper authorisation